Super Cyclone Amphan ravaged the coastal areas of West Bengal on May 20th, 2020.
With winds up to 180 kilometers per hour, many of our students’ homes were severely damaged.
Many of our trees, roofing tiles, and our chicken coop experienced severe damage.
Here is the house of one of our Lower Kindergarten students.
The roof of her family’s home blew off during the storm.
Here is the house of one of our students in Grade III.
Her family’s home was completely destroyed and they are currently taking refuge in this temporary structure.
Sponsor a Girl
Your gift will change a girl’s life. Just $375 a year provides her with:
- Comprehensive education five days a week
- Lessons about her culture
- After-school programs including life skills training and education in the arts
- Transportation to and from school
- Nutritious meals
- School uniforms and shoes
- School supplies
- Medical care, immunizations
- Hygiene kits
- Residential program for girls at risk of being abused and/or exploited at home
For about $1 a day, your sponsored girl will receive an education and dream of a new future.
Sponsor a Woman
Your gift will change a woman’s life. Just $175 a year provides her with:
- Adult education and literacy classes
- Stationery and learning supplies
- A training in either sewing and tailoring or jewerly making
- Co-op farming
- All materials and supplies needed for vocational training
- Micro-loan training and a loan after course completion
- On-site childcare
For less than 50 cents a day, your sponsored woman will be able to change her life, her family’s life and her community.
Donate to PACE
Your contribution, no matter the size, makes a difference. Giving to PACE’s general fund:
- Builds and stocks classrooms
- Outfits computer labs
- Constructs and fills libraries
- Provides safe playgrounds
- Provides funds for micro-lending for small
- Provides clean water for the community
- Allows for the installation of sanitation units
- Provides funds to plant fruit trees throughout a
- Every contribution is significant in the fight to end extreme poverty.
“Literacy is a bridge from misery to hope. Literacy is the road to human progress and the means through which every man, woman and child can realize his or her full potential.”